8.1.09

Writing problem - personal pronoun

I've sometimes told you guys about my writing problems. And suddenly I have this thought of asking for help with those I'm stuck with. The first and big one is PERSONAL PRONOUN.


Let's see this way... It is said that Vietnamese is "rich and beautiful", one of the reasons is that we have lots of personal pronoun for persons. For example, in English we have only "you" for the second person, but in Vietnamese, we have "anh, em, chị, cậu (not uncle)... and so on". For the third person, English has "him" and "her" (or "he" and "she", in cases) and Vietnamese has... tons of words. (awe!) Ok, on the bright side, it adds more emotions into the communication and it helps a lot specifying hierachy. However, whenever it comes to the neuter as I wanna use for my writing, I just stun. There are so many words and I don't know what the one is that I should use or I sometimes even think there's not such a word in term. Sometimes the way people always use some words making the bad affection on the words and I just don't like it that way. 

Clearer... And please give me your idea for the cases!

1. I want to write a paragraph with the third person view. In English I can easily use "he" for the subject. How about Vietnamese? "Anh ấy" is the most unsuitable one, so forget it. I think "hắn" and "gã" have bad meaning (underline sometimes, but yes, there are). Ok. What do you think about the situation? What word should I use in this case?

2. I sometimes read story writing on the second person view. In English they simply use "you" in this case. I'm stuck in Vietnamese. For example, how can I translate this paragraph into Vietnamese? "You wake up and stun. His bed side is cold. The room is silent. And you suddenly feel sick. You know you gonna throw up. He leaves again. You sigh."

Ok, dears! You know I really need help here. I really want to know your idea for the cases and I wanna make it straight. Throw your two cents here, ok? And you know what? Thanks in advance!



No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin