Something new & my meeting with my dear Uncle
Ok, I've notice that I haven't written much lately (it's not that difficult to recognize anyway). I'm not lazy, seriously. (grin) What have I been up to lately? I've crocheted (hard to believe, I know, but I even finished 2 sleeves, 1 cover for my Nookie, 1 mis-matched fingerless pair of gloves, 1 beanie hat). I've written for this mag (and it has just been discontinued in publishing LOL). I've worked at that old company and I've freelanced for their oversea office, too. See? I've been not lazy at all. (grin, again) I've even been back to writing emails and I have this penpal to whom I usually write long-and-I-have-no-idea-what-I-write-about emails (blush). I even posted a short review about a cute book on the forum I frequented (this is NEW for me LOL). Ok, I have to admit that all the other time I've been just lazying around the house with my Nookie and the books, they are not really the literary type (evil grin).
I have the photos of the sleeves and cover but they are not in this lappy. I'll post them when I play with the other baby. Guess that I'll add some photos of the hat and gloves, too. Please be patient with me (grin)!
Some of my friends have known about my dear Uncle H. We "made friend" online when he was ready for his first trip back to Vietnam after all the years from the USA in 2001. I have to admit that time goes on and I've been not much a nice niece. I haven't written him much later years. However, we still have our meetings whenever he's in the country (once 18 months - 2 years, I think). And we still keep in touch via email. This time is not an exception. We had out Uncle and niece meeting yesterday at Rex. (We had our meeting at the place once in the past, too.) After all the years, the hotel has changed so much and he was not very happy with the changes (who is, anyway, with all the stupid "renovation" in the city center like that?). My brother joined us, too. It was kind of funny when he ask my bro about Spice Girls (his once-upon-a-time favourite band). My bro is a trendy guy and I had to tell my Uncle that his favourite artist nowadays is Lady Gaga. LOL it was like the old day, my Uncle just can not stand LG's music as he didn't like SP. So we had a very pleasant dinner at the Rooftop restaurant. The weather was very good, cool and breezy after all the hot days. We talked about the old days and the now. He said that he really wants to return to Vietnam once a year but it seems not a good idea since the wife are not very happy about all the spend money (Uncle, I know the feeling, I want to go to Shanghai each year, too). He already has plan for the next 2 weeks that he'll join the group of kids from the charity organization to go camping. Uncle, hope that you have all your fun in Vietnam! And hope that things works out well with the wife so you can go back to Vietnam next year and all the years to come ;)
Have a nice Sunday, everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment