Shanghai 2008 - P.7
Make it short today. It's a little bit rushing for the early matches.
It was about 1.15 am last night when I was back to the hotel. The late match was really late as I guessed. Think that Roger is not world number 1 anymore? Totally wrong. In tennis fans' hearts, he's still number one (and will be that way for a long time). That was the first match of the whole week the stadium was packed. Full, not a single empty seat or any words like that. They cried, they shouted, they supported with ev'ry single point he got or ev'ry single point he missed. People still love him a lot. And he's good and well-behaved, indeed. When I got to the stadium, I saw the whole line being in front of the entrance of players who was waiting for Roger. He arrived, politely stepped out of the car, waving to all and patiently gave his autograph for everyone who showed anything for the sign. The smile was always on his face. He's cool, I mean it. Then inside the stadium, he did one more starting, this time with a guy who I didn't recognize. Have this question if it's his regular behaviour or it's a task of the number one on people's hearts, kind of performance, you know.
Remember the score 3-2 of the tie-break of 2ns set? He did it well but that was exactly the moment you knew that he could not win the match. He's getting old and tired, indeed. And his back tortured him. Poor Roger! Poor his fans from all over the world.
The stadium was packed and either was the street yesterday. It took us about 2 hours for getting back to the city center. Traffic jam. Cruel! Don't know if it was because of the match or the Friday night.
Ok, I stop here. Should get back to my room preparing for the day. Shit! It seems the rain is somewhere around. God helps me!
See ya!
Wish you the bests of the bests NOLE!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment