Shanghai 2008 - P2 (the morning after)
Yesterday I returned to the hotel at about 11:00pm. The metro closed earlier than the time we reached the station and we had to catch a taxi. "We"? I met this French man and his son walking out the stadium and asked him about the shuttle bus line. He seemed cool. And he was really cool and friendly and it turned out that he catch the same line with me. Then we hooped in the bus without notice that that one wouldn't stop at the People's Square since it was 15' earlier than the line we wanted. He is working in China and his son is working in Shanghai. His wife is Vietnamese. Unfortunately, his son can not speak a single Vietnamese sentence and he seemed less friendly than his father (he is handsome, indeed). Than we catch the taxi to his son's company and saying goodbye. I kept the taxi for my way back to hotel. Poor me! I didn't even ask his name. (Self note: remember asking people's names from NOW!)
Ok, back to the starting of the day.
Have I told you that I met this couple at the hotel, staying next room. The husband is half- Vietnamese and the wife is French. He left Vietnam about 50 years before but he still uses Vietnamese good. We talked a little bit before he and his wife went out for a museum day. They love the museums here in Shanghai. His name is Maurice (see? I still remembered asking his name back then.) He said that they would leaving for Hongkong Monday morning. This morning I waked up late at about 9:00am (I want to) and didn't see them around. Think that I have not a chance saying goodbye with them. What a pity!
After the breakfast I went out, straight to the metro station. I asked the receptionist about the places where I could buy cheap shoes and she introduced me the basement of People's Square around the metro station. I went around the place and found out that was a little bit early. Many shops were still not open yet. I then saw this shoes shop and had my time practicing my forgotten-Chinese with the shop-owner. When I re-watched clock it was almost time. I had to make it fast to Pudon Yuansheng Stadium for the TMC shuttle bus. Bump! The shuttle bus costs 20Y for everyday transportation. (It's a big sum since I can have a big bowl of noodle with chicken and mushroom and green in the hotel with only 10Y.)
(Oh! At the moment of writing people appear in the bar/restaurant for their breakfast. And it's 11:00am now. See? I'm still an early girl here. And it's colder than it was yesterday. And my hands is freezing minutes by minutes. I of course can go back to my room for warm but I like the atmosphere here with the whole window-sight looking out to the garden, and the music is good and people talk a little bit here and there. I'll show you then when I have time for editing photos.)
We reached the Tennis Stadium earlier than they intent. I hooped around just a little bit since it was colder there because the stadium encompassed by forest. The stadium is great and of course either was the crowd. The section for online booking is very good. It's around the corner of the ground so we can catch all the balls very well. OMG!!! Who did sit next to me? 4 other Vietnamese guys. Unfortunately, they are Hanoi-ese. They told me that they have joined the whole 3 years of Master Cup in Shanghai. (Mom! See that? You told me that I might be the only Vietnamese one here!)
And NOLE was on the ground. He was fabulous in his whole-black-clothes (including socks and shoes). I love NOLE (you all know) and I love black (you all already know, too). And he won his very first match of his Master Cup history. And I was there. Can you imagine my feeling back then? All other things are history.
Ok. I stop now. I need to go back to my room for some washing up stuff. Then I intend hooping out at about 1 or 2 o'clock in the afternoon. I'll find something for lunch and pack something for the dinner at the stadium. They have food there with good quality but the price is... hell! I skipped today day section since there are only 2 double matches between guys I don't even know. I joined the double match yesterday of The Bryans and they played good too. I will be back very late this night since the first match of night section starts at 6:00pm and the second one of 2 Andy won't start befor 8:00pm. Think I will have not time for today report. I will try it later.
See ya! And have a nice week!
And I'm freezing.

No comments:
Post a Comment