4.7.07

I wish I knew how to quit you...



Tối qua xem lại Brokeback Mountain, không chắc lắm nhưng hình như là lần xem thứ 4, thứ 5 gì đó, bản đẹp, phụ đề chuẩn (HBO mà lị!). Phụ đề chuẩn quan trọng lắm à nha, vì cái phim này coi đến mấy lần rồi vẫn không nghe được hết thoại, nhất là mấy đoạn của Ennis (credit Heath Ledger) mà bản phim ở nhà thì đẹp nhưng phụ đề gớm quá. Chỉ tiếc là HBO đã bị mấy thằng ngu kiểm duyệt nên toàn bộ những cảnh "tình tự" đều bị cắt ráo, thấy cái phim cứ trơ tròi trọi. Cái vụ cắt này bực nhiều phim lắm rồi nha! Tưởng chỉ bị mấy thằng đần kiểm duyệt phim của VTV thôi (hơ, HTV phim không đặc sắc bằng nhưng thề là cực ít bị kiểm duyệt kiểu ngu đần này), giờ coi cable cũng bị kiểm duyệt nữa. Nổi khùng lên được không chứ! Gần đây nhất Constantine (phim này hơi bị khoái) phim quỷ thì bị cắt mấy đoạn về quỷ và địa ngục, Brokeback phim tình thì cắt hết cảnh tình. (Bạn bị ức chế và bức xúc lâu rồi, hôm nay cho bạn chửi mấy câu nhe!)

Thôi, quay lại với bộ phim...

Nhờ phụ đề chuẩn mà lần này đã "cảm" được bộ phim hơn. Cho đến giờ thì phải thú thật đây bộ phim tình cảm tốn khoảng thời gian dài nhất để có thể "tiêu hóa" được gần hết, nhấn mạnh lần nữa BBM không thuộc thể loại gây nhức đầu ("f*cking your mind") ưa thích. Nói "gần hết" vì cũng chưa chắc đã "thấm" hết được toàn bộ nữa. Và đến giờ thì phải công nhận cái điều mà nhiều người thừa nhận lâu rồi: phim này đáng được Oscar hơn Crash nhiều (mặc dù theo đánh giá cá nhân thì Crash không phải phim dở).


Ennis Del Mar: I'm gonna tell you this one time, Jack fuckin' Twist, an' I ain't foolin'. What I don't know - all them things that I don't know - could get you killed if I come to know them. I ain't jokin'.
Jack Twist: Yeah well try this one, and I'll say it just once!
Ennis Del Mar: Go ahead!
Jack Twist: Tell you what, we coulda had a good life together! Fuckin' real good life! Had us a place of our own. But you didn't want it, Ennis! So what we got now is Brokeback Mountain! Everything's built on that! That's all we got, boy, fuckin' all. So I hope you know that, even if you don't never know the rest! You count the damn few times we have been together in nearly twenty years and you measure the short fucking leash you keep me on - and then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get. You have no idea how bad it gets! I'm not you... I can't make it on a coupla high-altitude fucks once or twice a year! You are too much for me Ennis, you sonofawhoreson bitch! I wish I knew how to quit you.
Ennis Del Mar: [crying] Well, why don't you? Why don't you just let me be? It's because of you Jack, that I'm like this! I'm nothin'... I'm nowhere... Get the fuck off me! I can't stand being like this no more, Jack.


Ennis Del Mar: You ever get the feelin'... I don't know, er... when you're in town and someone looks at you all suspicious, like he knows? And then you go out on the pavement and everyone looks like they know too?
Jack Twist: [Casually] Well... maybe you oughta get out of there, you know? Find yourself someplace different. Maybe Texas.
Ennis Del Mar: [Sarcastically] Texas? Sure, maybe you can convince Alma to let you and Lureen to adopt the girls. And we can just live together herding sheep. And it'll rain money from LD Newsome and whiskey'll flow in the streams - Jack, that's real smart.
Jack Twist: Go to hell, Ennis. If you wanna live your miserable fuckin' life, then go right ahead.
Ennis Del Mar: Fine.
Jack Twist: I was just thinkin' out loud.
Ennis Del Mar: Yep, you're a real thinker there. Goddamn. Jack fuckin' Twist; got it all figured out, ain't ya?

Ennis Del Mar: We can get together... once in a while, way the hell out in the middle of nowhere, but...
Jack Twist: Once in a while? Every four fuckin' years?
Ennis Del Mar: If you can't fix it, Jack, you gotta stand it.
Jack Twist: For how long?
Ennis Del Mar: For as long as we can ride it. There ain't no reins on this one.

Jack Twist: There ain't never enough time, never enough...

Jack Twist: Swear I didn't know we were gonna get into this again.
Jack Twist: Hell, yes I did; red-lined it all the way, couldn't get here fast enough.

Jack Twist: You know friend, this is a god damn bitch of an unsatisfactory situation.

Jack Twist: Tell you what... truth is, sometimes I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it...

Ennis Del Mar: Bottom line is... we're around each other an'... this thing, it grabs hold of us again... at the wrong place... at the wrong time... and we're dead.

[Ennis is describing a childhood memory to Jack]
Ennis Del Mar: I tell ya there... there were these two old guys ranched up together, down home. Earl and Rich. And they was the joke of town, even though they were pretty tough ol' birds. Anyway they... they found Earl dead in an irrigation ditch. Took a tire iron to 'im. Spurred him up, drug him 'round by his dick 'till it pulled off.
Jack Twist: You seen this?
Ennis Del Mar: I wasn't... nine years old. My daddy, he made sure me and brother seen it. Hell for all I know, he done the job.

Jack Twist: Why is it always so friggin' cold? We oughta go south where it's warm, you know, we oughta go to Mexico!
Ennis Del Mar: Mexico? Hell Jack, you know me, about all the travelin' I ever done is round a coffee pot lookin' for the handle.


Thật sự mà nói thì... không biết muốn viết gì về bộ phim này nữa. Cái gì cần nói, cần viết đã có người làm hết rồi, rất đầy đủ nữa là khác. Uhm...

Thích mấy cái luận điểm về câu cuối cùng của phim "Jack, I swear..." này, có vẻ hay ho:

1. "Jack, I swear -- " he said, though Jack had never asked him to swear anything and was himself not the swearing kind.

2. The last words spoken by Ennis, 'Jack, I swear', I think is more of an 'expression' of regret, guilt, love, heartbreak, torment, disappointment etc. Clearly Ennis was a man of few words and would not be one to express himself at great length, or at any length for that matter. He hated what he was and who he was and was never able to accept himself which ultimatley prevented him from changing and being a better person as he aged. He certainly would not be able to express himself verbally, but there was really no need to as it spoke volumes when you saw he reversed the shirts placing his over Jack's.

3. Or, "I swear" -- as in "I swear ... if only I understood what we had and could go back and do it over again -- I swear I'd choose differently. I swear I'd choose you."
I think the point is that Ennis' last words can mean whatever you want them to mean, in his grief.

4. But the key may be in the scene in their tent near Brokeback Mtn. When Ennis come to the tent with his hat covering his crotch, while Jacks lies there with his shirt off, likely waiting. They kiss some & you can see AND hear as Jack faces Ennis, (IE if you can read lips as many of us can.) It looks and sounds like, "Ennis, I swear I love you, cross my heart, I swear...." Ennis just lays down on Jack's bare chest.
That is very likely the key to what Ennis said at the end; he's finally come to grips with his love for Jack, saying it back to Jack as much as he can do.



Nó không chỉ là tình yêu mà nó là một tình yêu ám ảnh thì đúng hơn. Tuy nhiên, đúng là từ đầu đến cuối hoàn toàn không có một từ LOVE nào được thốt ra giữa 2 người... Cho dù là thứ tình yêu mãnh liệt của Jack chạy xe 14 tiếng đến thẳng chỗ Ennis khi vừa nhận được tin về việc li dị rồi tấm tức quay về khi bị từ chối (tìm tấm ảnh cảnh này hoài không có, đoạn này thì credit Jake Gyllenhaal); hay là thứ tình yêu đầy mặc cảm tội lỗi của Ennis với nỗi ám ảnh từ năm 9 tuổi (sau nhiều lần xem lại, với cái nhìn sâu sắc hơn thì phải công nhận là Heath đóng vai này rất xuất sắc, có phần vượt trội so với Jake chứ không như nhận định lúc đầu của mình).

Thật ra giữa 2 người đó, ai là là kẻ thực tế, ai là người mơ mộng? Người định bỏ lại mọi thứ phía sau, xây dựng một trang trại chỉ có 2 chàng cowboy và những con gia súc hay người chấp nhận cuộc sống cùng cực với lý luận không thể rời bỏ cuộc sống với những đứa con và tiền cấp dưỡng hàng tháng nhưng lại bám mãi vào một mối tình chỉ tồn tại bên ngọn Brokeback?...


Từ yêu chưa bao giờ được thốt ra giữa họ, chưa bao giờ...

I wish I knew how to quit you...


P.S: Viết thêm vài cái review nữa chắc cái blog này sẽ bị tag thành "blog-for-gay" lắm à hehehe




No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin