Shanghai 2008 - P.1
(Draft version only, without any edition. Please ignore the mistake - if any)
The idea of enjoying Tennis Masters Cup in Shanghai came to me last year when I was watching Nole got through his horrible ending of the season. Three months ago, I started preparing for the tour. First and most important thing is the event ticket. Booking was not difficult. However, I had problem with credit card and with my friend’s help everything was alright. (Tip: do not lending your credit card unless for your best friend and the sum of money in your card is not a large amount).
I actually intent taking a tour with any travel agency then staying for the tournament. However, there was not a single tour with the in need date. Ok, flight ticket and hostel was the second choice. There are some airlines which have Shanghai destination but Shanghai air was the best choice since I have not changing the plane. At first, I booked the normal ticket and asked the travel agency helping me working for my VISA. The VISA cost me bucks but it’s more convenient since I had not do any paperwork. Then the ticket service called me and offering a cheaper one since it’s “his brother bonus ticket”. Ok, why not, rite? The saving from air ticket makes up for VISA fee. Sounds great here?
Checking around some websites for pack backers I found this hostel “Mingtown Etour Youth Hostel Shanghai”. The price is good, and it is said that the location is very good. Ok, I gave my luck another chance here and took the advices.
Our flight was about 1 hour late since the arrival one was late based on bad weather or something like that. Taking off was ok but the landing made my nut going up and down. The weather was bad. It was not the kind of raining dogs and cats but it was enough for the plane. Getting out the airport, waiting for shuttle bus, I made this promise not telling mom “it’s cold” back home again any more. Some taxi drivers tried hard inviting me (and some others) with the price 150Y (actually it’s the right price since I got the information from hotel on my booking). Tip: say no with any one saying something with you. They try hard on you and they cannot speak any single English word and it’s difficult giving up them.
From the shuttle bus stop I had to walk about 15’ to the hotel. The road is not very long but I felt it seemed having no ending since wind blew a lot. And “Mom! This is the real cold and I promise I won’t claim cold again any more time back home”. I repeated the sentence again and again the whole walking. My hands was hard as ice and my knees smashed against each other.
The hostel is good. I booked double bed room with shared bathroom. This is the first time I stayed in this hostel kind and I think it’s interesting. Each “combo” has 3 bedroom, 1 WC and 2 shower room. There is not fridge in room. But they provide a boiling equipment. The refrigerator has warming mode and it’s useful in this weather.
There a small bar/restaurant in the hostel. I love their ginger tea with honey. I’ll try studying making the tea for backing home. The noodle is ok. And the sofa is comfortable.
The receptionists are very friendly. They helped me checking for information and metro line to get to the shuttle bus of the tournament. After lunch I went to the metro station, praying not to get lost. (What a shame!) Ok, this Line 2, then transfer at Century Ave station for Line 6, the next stop is the destination. And the ticket is 4Y. I finally made it.
Tomorrow the tournament starts. Ok, be back with you after the whole day match.

No comments:
Post a Comment